This policy describes the personal data we collect, how it’s used and shared, and your choices regarding this data.
This policy applies to users of UniVarCity’s services anywhere in the world; describes how UniVarCity collects and uses personal data; and, applies to all users of our website and service. Specifically, this policy applies to:
- Coaches: college athlete users who use the UniVarCity service to market themselves to provide coaching and instructional services; and
- Participants: users who use the UniVarCity service to purchase the coaching and instructional services of college athlete coaches.
All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” herein.
Data Collections and Uses
UniVarCity collects personal data provided by users, during account creation and during use of the UniVarCity service, including:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their UniVarCity accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, and sport.
- Location data: We collect users’ approximate location data to enable and enhance use of our service, including to help us identify when and where we need to identify potential Coaches where potential Participants are looking for coaching and instructional services.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, and features or pages viewed.
How we use personal data
UniVarCity uses personal data to enable us to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our services. We also use such data for customer support, to enable communications between users, and in connection with legal proceedings.
This includes using data to create/update accounts, and perform necessary operations to maintain our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
UniVarCity performs the above activities, including the collection and use of location data for purposes of these activities, and on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service.
Safety and security
We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users, including:
- verifying Coaches’ identity and eligibility to provide coaching and instructional services; and
- using device, location, user profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud.
UniVarCity performs the above activities, including the collection and use of location data for purposes of these activities, and on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service, and for the purposes of the legitimate safety and security interests of UniVarCity and users of our services.
UniVarCity uses the information we collect to provide customer support.
UniVarCity performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service.
Research and Development
We may use personal data for testing, research, analysis, and product development to improve the user experience. This helps us make our services more convenient and easy to use, and develop new services and features.
UniVarCity performs the above activities on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service, including improving our existing services, and for our legitimate interest in developing new services and features.
Enabling Communications Between Users
By way of example: a Coach or Participant may need to reschedule a Booking (as defined in our Terms of Service).
UniVarCity performs the above on the grounds that they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service.
We may use personal data to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about UniVarCity’s services, updates, and events. We may do so through various methods, including email, text messages, and push notifications.
UniVarCity performs the above on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of our legitimate interests in informing users about our services and features.
Non-Marketing Communications; Legal Proceedings and Requirements
UniVarCity may use personal data to inform users of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the UniVarCity services.
We may use personal data to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of UniVarCity’s services, to satisfy requirements under applicable laws, regularsion, or operating licenses or agreements, or pursuant to legal process or governmental request, including from law enforcement.
UniVarCity performs the above activities on the grounds they are necessary to fulfill our obligations to users under our Terms of Service, or for our legitimate interests in informing users about events that may have an impact on how they can use our services; and, on the grounds that they are necessary for our legitimate interests in investigating and responding to claims and disputes relating to use of our services, and/or necessary for compliance with applicable legal requirements.
Data Sharing and Disclosure
Some of our features and services require that we share personal data with other users. We may also share such data for legal reasons in connection with claims or disputes.
UniVarCity May Share Personal Data:
- With other users, including sharing Coaches’ profiles with Participants, and Participants’’ profiles with Coaches.
- At the user’s request, which includes sharing data with Coaches and Participants, particularly when Participants are interested in bespoke Bookings.
- For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute: We may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or government request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, public health officials, or other government authorities, or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service; to protect UniVarCity’s rights or property, or the rights, safety, or property of others; or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to the use of our services.
Data Retention and Deletion
UniVarCity retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. UniVarCity may retain user data after a deletion request due to legal or regulatory requirements or for reasons stated in this policy.
UniVarCity retains user data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above. This means that we retain different categories of data for different periods of tiem depending on the type of data, the category of user to whom the data relates, and the purposes for which we collect the data.
Following an account deletion request, we delete the user’s account and data, unless they must be retained due to legal or regulatory requirements, for purposes of safety, security, and fraud prevention, or because of an issue relating to the user’s account such as an outstanding credit or an unresolved claim or dispute. Generally, user data is deleted within 90 days of a deletion request, except where retention is necessary for the above reasons.
Choice and Transparency
UniVarCity enables users to access and/or control data that UniVarCity collects, including through device permissions. We also enable users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, or deletion of their accounts, or that UniVarCity restricts its processing of user personal data.
- Device Permissions: Most mobile device platforms have defined certain types of data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. Please check the available settings on your device or check with your provider.
- User Personal Data Requests: We provide users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about our handling of their personal data:
- Users can access data, including their profile data through our website.
- Users can edit the name, phone number, email address, payment method, and photo associated with their account through our web site.
- Users may request that we stop using all or some of their personal data, or that we limit our use of their data. This includes objecting to our use of personal data that is based on our legitimate interests. We may continue to process data after such objection or request to the extent required or permitted by law.
Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify users in advance of the changes through our service, as well as email. We encourage users to periodically review this notice for the latest information on our privacy practices.
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated policy to the extent permitted by law.